Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Monsanto, GMO's, PCB's, Roundup Ready Crops, and oh yes, there's more...

If you eat (or breathe, for that matter) you need to watch this video. It's about 26.5 minutes, and it's serious stuff. I am not exaggerating when I say it could save your life.

Ever had questions about Monsanto, the safety of genetically modified crops, GMO's, PCB's, Roundup, "Roundup Ready" plants, Cancer, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, the standards by which these things are regulated, or how all of it is tied to government? Have you wondered what exactly is the big deal about organic food? Watch the entire video. This is REAL, and it's happening to you and your loved ones. This is our lives these people are playing with, and they aren't playing fairly. Sitting around on our hind ends thinking someone else will take care of this thing is irresponsible, lazy, and just plain stupid. I don't even have the words to say how it makes me feel, but it absolutely, positively scares me to death.

Anniston, Alabama, is less than one hundred miles from my home. My next door neighbors use Roundup every season. *I* used to use Roundup, many years ago before I became educated about it. Local farmers here are using Roundup Ready crops. And please don't get me wrong, this isn't just about Roundup! All consumers are affected by this genetically modified madness. My husband and mother are cancer survivors. This is a very important subject to me and I hope it is to you, too. After you watch the video, please take a moment and join the Millions Against Monsanto Campaign.



Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

David Gerard said...

I'm trying satire to increase awareness.

Unknown said...

David, I love it! :D

Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely be back to visit your blog again.

Anonymous said...

GMO Food - The Greatest Threat in the History of Western Civilization

Jeff Smith's book, Seeds of Deception, compiles 20 years of data on the health risks of genetically modified foods from scientists such as Arpad Pusztai and Trudy Netherwood who reported that feeding GMO food to laboratory animals resulted in thousands of sick, sterile and dead laboratory animals. The book also reports on allergic reactions and toxicity in humans from GMO foods.

While American consumers remain oblivious, GMO Foods have been introduced into the US food supply without safety testing or even labeling. Already 70% of our US food supply is GMO, affecting corn, soy, cotton seed oil and canola oil.

The following countries have banned GMO Food: Algeria, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Thailand, China, Japan, Phillipines, The European Union, Norway, Austria, Germany United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Greece, France, Luxembourg, Portugal, Brazil, Paraguay, Saudi Arabia, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Australia, New Zealand.

The British Medical Association has asked for a moratorium on GMO foods.

To Read More.....

Genetically Modified GMO Food, the Great Scandal by Jeffrey Dach MD

Jeffrey Dach MD
4700 Sheridan Suite T
Hollywood Fl 33021
954 983 1443
my web site
my Blog
Natural Medicine 101

Unknown said...

Dr. Dach,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comment. I followed your links and hope all of my readers do, as well (I also enjoyed your information on bio-identical hormones). You've given a wealth of valuable information and I know I'm not the only one who truly appreciates the time and energy that went into it. I will be purchasing Jeff Smith's, "Seeds of Deception" immediately and will share it with my loved ones. Thanks again! Leanne

Anonymous said...

Dr. Dach should check his facts. Australia and China are two of the biggest GM crop growers in the world. In fact, the Chinese government recently announced plans to promote further cultivation of GM crops to help alleviate anticipated food shortages in the future. Spain and Paraguay - two other countries Dr. Dach listed as banning GM crops - are also GM crop "mega-countries" (grow more than 50,000 hectares), and Egypt approved cultivation of GM corn back in May. Such glaring statements of misfact, whether intentional or accidental, undermine the credibility of whatever else Dr. Dach might have to say. The anti-GM movement would do well to stick to facts and not resort to the tired and morally reprehensible strategy of mininforming.

Unknown said...

Ted, thank you for posting those corrections. I am a huge opponent of misinformation, well-meaning or not and regardless of the source.