Friday, January 4, 2008

Hi there.

Cove Rock Farm, which was the original name of this Blog, is a small, sustainable family operation on the northern brow of Sand Mountain in northeastern Alabama, overlooking the beautiful Tennessee River. Please feel free to keep tabs on our blog where we'll be recording our trials and triumphs to share with those of you who are interested in, desire, or simply like to gawk at the simple life.

I originally hoped to create a blog dedicated to herbs and natural health, because it's my passion/love/life and what I've studied for what seems like forever, but there's so much more to be learned from this farm life and I'm just gonna pile it all in and let you dig around for what interests you.

I'll be posting information on medicinal herbs and how to respect and use them wisely, plus my favorite recipes, and there's a lot of them. We're going to be growing a wide variety of seasonal, naturally grown culinary and medicinal herbs and I'll try to keep pictures of our progress posted.

We are currently modifying fences and building accommodations for a small herd of goats which we hope to introduce to our land this summer, 2008, so if you've got your eyes on being a professional goat herder some day, there's a good chance you'll find an opportunity to learn from our mistakes. There'll be lots of those pics, too.

No comments: